Hier ga ik de evolutie in de opmaak van mijn 1974 standaard 1200 kever laten zien.

zondag, december 14, 2008

Ebi2

It's been a while since I posted here but that doesn't mean nothing happened.
He're are a couple pictures from the second european bugin.
We didn't get the engine finished in time so we quickly rebuilt the engine to NA teh night before we left en of we we're in the morning. No test drive or nothing, just the 230km's to the lovely town of chimay. I must say I was pleased to arrive there :). We changed the tires and went to the tech inspections of both the drags and the slalom. It must be said that to pass the slalominspection your car had to be a lot safer. We enjoyed ourselves and times on the slalomtrack got better. By that time we had nearly lost a frontwing and a headlight. The drags we're fun but nothing special, long waits every time.

Because we we're so slow most people wouldn't drive against us. That didn't bother me mutch, I was driving against the clock and I beat it, better time then last year with same engine (but other car and other track (bitburg). I dont exactly remember teh time but it was more than a second better, 20 and a bit this time, so still very slow, don't laugh :p.


The thing is we had lots of fun and I must say the organisers and the crew from the slalomcoarse (kcd) did a great job. One thing, a central party location at night would be nice.

We also saw the most insane burnout ever